Audio guided visit to the Leonardo's Vineyard
A bit of history about the Leonardo's Vineyard
The vineyard is located in the center of Milan at the opposite end of the garden of the Casa degli Atellani and was a gift from Ludovico il Moro to Leonardo in 1498. Ludovico Sforza, Duke of Milan, gave Leonardo a vineyard in his garden, which he called the vineyard of San Vittore.
Ludovico gave away two houses to the Atellani family, a courtly family of the Sforza. Ludovico had two dreams for the city of Milan; the first was to convert the Basilica of Santa Maria delle Grazie into a mausoleum of the Sforza family, and the second was to build a residential neighborhood for the most loyal followers such as the Atellani family and Leonardo. Casa degli Atellani is one of the few vestiges of this dream.
During the XX century the garden was transformed nevertheless it always maintained its original splendor.
Leonardo's Vineyard Audio Guided Tour
This ticket DOESN’T include the entrance to the Last Supper